Empyrean Ensemble: “New Music from Davis”
Sam Nichols, director
Featuring Hidejiro Honjoh, shamisen (and UC Davis artist-in-residence), the Empyrean Ensemble will present world premieres by UC Davis graduate student composers in its annual “New Music from Davis” program. Conducted by Matilda Hofman, UC Davis lecturer in music, the instrumentation of each new work complements the featured instrument, the traditional (and versatile!) Japanese 3-string plucked shamisen.
Trey Makler: wrapped around your finger
Bryndan Moondy: Refract — Suspend
Hiroya Miura: Knight’s Crossing
Colin Minigan: Till the soil
Dean Kervin Boursiquot: Spill
Traditional: selections for solo shamisen
- Campus community (students, staff, or faculty) must show a cleared Daily Symptom Survey at the door.
- Others [age 12 and older] must show proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID at the door.
- Masks are strongly encouraged but not required.
- Please take a moment to read the details on requirements for our attendees.
- Direct link to the livestream.