*Updated Summer 2021*
- Lesson fees are $300 per quarter for the equivalent of ten half-hour lessons.
- All students (majors and non-majors) taking lessons will need to pay the lesson fee by October 8th (see “How to Pay” below) regardless of their lesson scholarship status.
Lesson scholarships are only available to music majors (declared/active), who may apply for a scholarship each quarter. This scholarship will offset the entire cost of lessons for that quarter. Priority goes to students who apply by the fifth day of instruction.
- Request a scholarship via this webform by October 1.
- Those who qualify will receive a scholarship check to offset the entire cost of lessons for one quarter (if a student is receiving financial aid, the scholarship may not arrive as a check, but rather will be applied to the financial aid, decreasing the overall debt balance).
- The student will still need to pay the $300 lesson fee by October 8. (See “How to Pay” below.)
- If you are a music major and you are prevented from receiving scholarship money, please contact Karen Ostergard.
- By “Active/Declared” music major, we mean declared majors who have enrolled in or have completed the core music major courses.
- Students who request support are expected to enroll in the corresponding course number.
- Students who request a scholarship must still pay for the lessons up front by October 8.
- We regret that we are not able to provide scholarships for non-majors.