- Lesson fees are $300 per quarter for the equivalent of ten half-hour lessons and are due by the 10th day of instruction or before your second lesson, whichever comes first. Payments must be made in person at the music office, paid in cash or check only (see “How to Pay” below for further details).
- Non-majors may take lessons throughout their studies at UC Davis. However, they may only take one set of lessons in a given quarter.
- Lesson scholarships are available to music majors only (see “Lesson Scholarships for Music Majors” below on how to apply for a scholarship).
- Non-majors who participate in orchestra, chorus, or band may be eligible for a rebate on lessons. Please contact the director of your ensemble to request this and fill out the “Lesson Scholarships for Music Majors” form.
Lesson Scholarships for Music Majors
Lesson scholarships are only available to music majors, who may apply for a scholarship each quarter. This scholarship provides rebates of the full $300 paid back to the student’s account before the end of the quarter. Unfortunately the lesson fee must be paid before the rebate is credited back to the student account.
- Request a scholarship via this webform by the 5th day of instruction of the quarter (further instructions are found on the form).
- By “Active/Declared” music major, we mean declared majors who have enrolled in or have completed the core music major courses.
- Students who request support are expected to enroll in the corresponding course number.
- We regret that we are not able to provide scholarships for non-majors.