Auditions for 2023-2024 Theatre and Dance Season
Auditions Are Full. Additional auditions will be held in early fall quarter 2023.
The Department of Theatre and Dance will hold auditions for the 2023-2024 season on May 22, 6-8 p.m. in the Arena Theatre, Wright Hall. Auditions are open to all UC Davis students, faculty and staff.
At present, the season includes William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy As You Like It, Thornton Wilder’s American classic Our Town and a Hip-Hop residency and performance.
Please use your 5-minute audition slot to share your monologues, stand-up routines, songs, poems and dances. If you have one bring a headshot/picture and a resume. Sign-Up for an audition spot using the link above.
- You have a maximum of 5 minutes of audition time. You should prepare a maximum of three minutes of material. This will give us some time to speak with you.
- If have two contrasting (dramatic and comedic) please perform them. Monologues should be memorized.
- If you sing, please present one monologue and one song (12 bars is sufficient-acapella)
- If you have no memorized material, please read a poem of your choice (the poem can be self-penned). Please don’t rush to memorize something. It’s better to read something you care about.
- If you are a spoken word artist, please read or if memorized, one of your pieces/texts.
In addition there will be representatives from regional professional theatre companies in attendance.
The Department of Theatre and Dance is part of the UC Davis College of Letters and Science.