Careers in Art History
What can I do with a Major in Art History?
Museums and Galleries
- Archive Management Collections Management Conservation
- Docent Coordination
- Education and School Programs Event Planning
- Exhibit Design/Preparation Facilities Management Marketing and Retailing Membership
- Preservation and Conservation Public Relations
- Rights and Reproduction
- Antiques Dealing Appraisal: Art and Estate Art Authentication Public Relations
- Sales: Art Galleries
- Sales: Auction House
- Academic Affairs Administration
- Community College Teaching Community Education Library/Information Sciences
- Primary and Secondary-school Teaching Student Affairs and Advising
- University Teaching and Research Visual Resources Curating
- Art Criticism
- Book Publishing
- Free-lance Writing
- Magazine and Newspaper Publishing
- Administration and Management Public Relations
- Grant Writing
- Art in Public Places Management Audiovisual Producing
- Grant Evaluation
- Parks Commissions
- Public Affairs
- State and Municipal Arts Agencies Writing/Editing
- Corporate Collection Curator Management
- Market Research
- Product Development Public Relations
- Website Development
Check out the Art History Career Booklet prepared especially for Art History majors.
Career in the Arts Brown Bag
Join us for lunch and a conversation with professionals working in a number of visual arts-related fields as we discuss a variety of career paths open to Art and Art History students.
Work of ART: Career Series for
Students in the Arts
Workshops specifically for student majoring in Art Studio, Art History, Cinema & Digital Media, Design, Film Studies, Music, and Theatre & Dance!
The Work of ART Art History Career Resource Guide provides campus resources for career exploration, related online resources, related occupations, internships and alumni list.
Looking for an internship? Go to the UC Davis Internship and Career Center page.