Now accepting applications for Art History Peer Advisor
The Art History Peer Advisor provides academic advising to undergraduate students majoring and minoring in Art History. Additional duties and responsibilities include: providing information regarding policies, procedures and referrals to resources related to the Art History Department, College of Letters and Science, and UC Davis; administrative support to the supervising staff advisors; representing the Arts Group Advising Center and the Art History Department at outreach events. Uphold and value diversity and an awareness of multicultural issues in higher education.
- Peer Advisors must be declared as an Art History Major, junior or senior standing (preferred) during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- In good academic standing.
- Knowledgeable of the Art History major and minor requirements, as well as College of Letters and Science, and University requirements to obtain an undergraduate degree.
- This position requires: excellent communication skills, responsibility and sound judgment, discretion to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to problem solve.
- Effective working in teams, administrative skills, and following through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to make presentations to groups of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive interactions with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general public while promoting the University of California, Davis Principles of Community.
Pay rate is $14.25 per hour. This position requires 3 hours per week of advising, Monday – Friday with work hours between 9:00 am -12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm during the advising hours of the Arts Group Advising Center, and we are willing to be flexible with your class schedule each quarter. Availability to work on one Saturday for Decision Day in April each year is required, and availability to assist during orientation advising is preferred. The position begins the second week of Fall Quarter 2021, and may begin earlier if the candidate is available during summer orientation. Participation in the Peer Advisor Training provided by the College of Letters and Science in the spring quarter and over the summer is required.
Please send a cover letter stating your qualifications for the position and resume to Julie McGilvray at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on April 20, 2021.