A Statement from the Chair
To our students:
We are dismayed at the recent racist violence, and murders, in Atlanta, and across the country, against Asian and Asian-American people and women in particular. We recognize that this is part of an ongoing regime of racism and violence and denounce it. We stand in solidarity with those working against racism in our communities, workplaces, government, and cultural environment.
This is a challenging time, continuing from a year and more of very challenging times for you all. There are resources you can access for help. Please do. Some of them are listed below.
- Students – speak to a crisis counselor by calling SHCS at 530-752-0871 and pressing 0
- Student Health and Counseling Services: https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/
- Mental Wellness Services and Community Resources: https://aggiecompass.ucdavis.edu/mental-wellness
- Asian Pacific Islander Retention Initiative: https://lnkd.in/eDx3xK3
- Cross Cultural Center: https://lnkd.in/eB7JZYC
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://lnkd.in/guFz-cU
If you are wondering what you can do in support of our API community, you can also be an “UPSTANDER.” Three things you can do to stand up against acts of hate, bias, and bigotry:
For more information on how to be an UPSTANDER, visit: https://lnkd.in/eZ58VSQ
Here is Chancellor Gary S. May’s statement in support of the API community: https://lnkd.in/eJE4_P5
You are not alone. Please take care of yourselves and reach out if you need support.
L.M. Bogad, Chair, and the Faculty and Staff of the Theatre and Dance Department