Rehearsals and Performances
UC Davis Concert Band
Preparation of chosen repertoire will take place in a combination of on-line sessions and (if possible) small in-person rehearsals. On-line class sessions will initially focus on important elements of preparing the piece. Common stylistic issues, practice techniques, etc.
A plan will be in place for completely virtual rehearsal and performance in case that proves necessary, so a reference recording will be prepared for each piece.
Virtual rehearsal techniques will include—
- Full band sessions studying the score and individual parts for important stylistic considerations and practice/preparation techniques.
- Player and section recordings submitted for feedback.
- Sectional coachings
- If allowable, small group rehearsals will take place during regular class times, but it will absolutely be possible to participate in the course exclusively virtually.
- Our preparation will result in video recording the pieces at the very highest level possible.
- If possible, small groups or individuals will attend in-person professional caliber recording sessions.
- If this is not possible, a virtual (from home) recording of the highest caliber will be produced.
- Tutorials with a recording professional will demonstrate how to achieve the best quality personal recording.
- Equipment such as microphones will be available for loan.
- Sample recordings will be submitted for feedback from the director and technician.