About the M.A. Program
The program in Art History offers studies leading to the Master of Arts degree in Art History, as preparation for further graduate study or professional work. In a small program with personal attention from faculty and a strong emphasis on interdisciplinary training, students study the theory of art historical interpretation, the methodology of art historical research and writing, and a broad range of specialized fields. Independent research is encouraged, as well as study outside the Art History program, and students are given the opportunity to take courses in museum studies and language learning.
Most Art History graduate students can expect to receive financial support as a Teaching Assistant or Reader. For further information on Financial Aid, click here.
For a general description of our program, please click here.
See our People page to find out each faculty’s field of interest.
Prospective graduate students are encouraged to direct their questions to our graduate adviser, Melany Miners (530-752-8710).
- great education with $0 in student loans at graduation
- 2 year program with 100% graduation rate within 2 years
- history of (full) funding for all MA students as TAs, Graders, Resarch Assistants
- excellent teaching and mentoring
- broad course instruction in time and space