Now Accepting Applications
Academic Peer Advisor Position for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
The Peer Advisor role is to provide academic advising to undergraduate students majoring and minoring in Art History. Additional duties and responsibilities include: providing information regarding policies, procedures and referrals to resources related to the Art History Department, College of Letters and Science, and UC Davis; administrative support to the supervising staff advisors; representing the Arts Group Advising Center and the Art History Department at outreach events. Uphold and value diversity and an awareness of multicultural issues in higher education.
- Peer Advisors must be declared as an Art History Major, junior or senior standing (preferred) during the 2018/2019 academic year
- In good academic standing
- Knowledgeable of the Art History major and minor requirements, as well as College of Letters and Science, and University requirements to obtain an undergraduate degree
- This position requires: excellent communication skills, responsibility and sound judgment, discretion to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to problem solve
- Effective working in teams, utilizing MS Word, email, and following through on assigned tasks
- Ability to make presentations to groups of people
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive interactions with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the general public while promoting the University of California, Davis Principles of Community
This is a paid position. This position requires 3 hours per week of advising, with work hours Monday – Friday between 9:00 am -12:00 pm, and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm during the advising hours of the Arts Group Advising Center, and we are willing to be flexible with your class schedule each quarter. Occasional evening and weekend work is required, and availability during summer orientation advising is preferred. Participation in the Peer Advisor Training provided by the Arts Group Advising Center is required.
Please send a one page cover letter stating your qualifications for the position, and resume to Julie McGilvray at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until midnight on May 14, 2018.